Saturday 8 July 2017

Apple for the Teacher


Apple for the Teacher


Hi there!

Oh my, just look what I've got
for you today ............. I hope you
find this as inspiring as I do,
especially as it is a new technique
(to me at least!)

Helen Chilton is painting bottles
but with a difference .......


For my 'Apple for the Teacher' post, 
I've decorated a small Kilner bottle. 




You could put what you like in there: 
vinaigrette, olive oil, flowers etc.

Clean your bottle thoroughly with 
blending solution.


Stamp the Laurel Burch leaves with VersaMark 
and sprinkle with fine detail black embossing powder.


Don't worry if it looks like this,
 just blow on it sharply and....



....hey presto! The excess powder comes off.



Make your own glass paints by dropping 
some alcohol ink into a blob of
 DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze.



You can then blob it into the design. 
It'll stay where it's put.


You can also mix the colours while still wet - 
I'm adding some Pool glaze to the leaves.


If you paint on the glaze and the colour's not 
intense/dark enough, just add some more 
neat alcohol ink directly on top.


Stamp and paint a tag in the same way.


Finish with string round the top of the bottle
and tie on the tag"



Materials used:
Small Kilner bottle

Thank you for a super project Helen
I can see these being used for all
sorts of occasions 

I do like the idea of making your own
glass paints - and you can dye the
string to match any of the colours
you use too!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

2 comments:

  1. How pretty...decorated bottles are always such a great gift xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.