Thursday 17 August 2017

On the Beach

On the Beach


Hallo Everyone!

Hope you are having a good
time and continue to enjoy the
holidays

If you are having to have an
indoors day do take a look
at Craftyfield's delightful
scrapbook page - it is sure
to inspire you to make a
page or two..........


"What better way to get in the holidays
 spirit than to look back to our last beach outing... 

Forever late in my scrapbooking, it was 
high time I documented it. The small photo 
immortilizes the day my men went into the mud 
flats and came back with what we named 
"Shrek's feet". I can't remember why, but at 
the time it provoked much hilarity...


Apologies for the main photo, the printer ran out of ink!


I'm using some masking tape to isolate what 
will be a sea impression, made with 
Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans, 
applied with a brayer


I applied the sand (DO in Fossilized Amber) and 
stencilled the sun with regular Distress inks 
in Squeezed Lemonade and Scattered Straw.


Using the masking tape I extend the sun rays.


Kaisercraft have some great washi tape 
but as I didn't have any to hand I made
 my own with some sticky labels and a stamp. 

I stamped with Archival inks and gave a wash
 of colours with DO. 

I then cut pieces from these as I needed.


 A bit of stencilling with a Carabelle stencil
 and DO in Walnut Stain.


 Using gel medium I add shells, sand 
and micro beads.

At this stage I was sorely tempted to turn
 this into a painting, as the DOs did such a great
 job at illustrating a beach, effortlessly...


A bit of stamping with Impression Obsession 
Create-A-Card Canvas. 

I am using it without the acrylic block to 
add small areas at a time. 

I also add some stamping with the same 
Kaisercraft stamp I have used for the "washi tape".


To finish I added some Kaisercraft flourishes 
(Life's a beach pack, of course) and die-cut words.

 Here are a few close up pictures."





Looks such a simple page Craftyfield
but on closer inspection there is 
more and more to see.  Thank you
for the inspiration.  Those Oxides
are a fantastic addition to the 
range aren't they? 

I only ever scrapbook odd memories
and I just love that
you can do as much or as little as
you feel and still have a great page


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

3 comments:

  1. Great background with the Oxides and stencils, really sets the scene. Scrapbook pages are such fun to make as it transports you back to that moment in time --- if only there was more time in the day to keep up the scrapbooking!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to keep those lovely memories. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beachscape - so clever to create it with the masking tape - and then the composition of the photos with the words and stencilling all works so well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.