Wednesday 23 August 2017

Gifted


Gifted


Hi Everyone!

Hope you are sitting
comfortably and ready for 
the first of this week's
fantastic makes

Today Hazel Harler is
going to show us how to
manipulate a die so you
only cut part of it......
If that doesn't make sense
it will do, just read on.....



 "My latest project is a pop up gift card holder, 
I made one for a birthday but they are a great idea 
for Christmas - it'll be here before we know it........


I used a piece of card 12" x 6", 
the card was scored down the middle and 
an inch each side of the middle. 

You can also use a card blank, 
just score 1" each side of the fold.


No automatic alt text available.

To cut a slot for the gift card I folded 
the card in half and used only part of a die.

No automatic alt text available.

As well as cutting the slot I used the 
die to cut out a whole piece.

No automatic alt text available.

Put some glue either side fo the slot, 
after I put the card together I realised 
that I should have put a line of glue just on 
the edge of the folds to stop the gift card
 going all the way through.


The finished fold.

No automatic alt text available.

I used a Honey Doo Crafts stamp set to 
stamp some flowers onto white card.


 I coloured some card by putting some 
Distress Oxide onto a craft mat, 
spraying it with water and smooshing 
the card through the ink.

No automatic alt text available.

 I used a stencil with worn lipstick Distress Oxide
 - I'm very sorry about the state of my stencil,
 it's very old and been used a lot.


 I cut the card into three and stamped the 
Honey Doo flowers, I used a water brush and 
Distress Oxide to colour the flowers

No automatic alt text available.

I used double sided tape to stick the
 card and the die cut to the inside of 
the card blank.


I cut out the flowers and coloured them 
and some ribbon with Distress Oxide ink.


I added the ribbon and glued the flowers 
to the card, I finished the flowers off with
 some dewdrops in their centres.


The last thing to do was to put 
the gift card into the slot."

Supplies:

Card 12" x 6" or a card blank.
Die.
Honey Doo Craft stamps.
Distress Oxide.
Stencil.
Archival ink for stamping.
Ribbon.
Wet glue.
Double sided tape.
Dew Drops or gems.
Sentiment stamp.

Hazel that is a lovely 
Gift Card Holder and
thank you for showing how 
to die cut a slot.

I really am hopeless when it
comes to die cutting just a a
little of the die - it always seems
so simple and having followed
Hazel's pictures I have
actually managed it........
There's hope for all of us yet!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



1 comment:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.