Saturday 1 April 2017

Silhouettes


Silhouettes



Hi there!

Today we have a great card that
could be either masculine or 
feminine.  Hmm.... any fantasy
fan too!

Louise Thomson is here to
take us through it


"Lavinia make some absolutely stunning stamps, 
perfect for creating scenes and silhouettes.


I had a go at using mine to create a fun fantasy scene.

I cut a circle from thin scrap card using a punch 
and stuck it in place using a low tack adhesive.


Next I blended a selection of firey coloured distress inks 
over the top to create a backdrop for the scene. 

I started with the paler yellows and built up the colour 
more around the edges for depth.


Next I removed the circle mask.
I decided I wasn’t happy with the starkness 
of the white below so I blended a very small amount
 of antique linen distress ink on to the moon. 

I tore the edge of a piece of scrap paper and 
cut a volcano shape from it. 

I stuck this down with low tack adhesive and blended
 fired brick and hickory smoke distress inks over the top.

I continued to use torn paper masks 
to build up the layers in the scenery.


Once I was happy with the background, 
I started to add in my silhouette stamps.


The castle stamp has been stamped 
multiple times overlapping itself so that it 
looked the right size for the scene. 


I also added fineliner shadowing beneath it.
Finally I matted the scene on to a bit of 
shimmery black paper from my stash and 
mounted on to a blank card."



Materials used
Lavinia stamps: 
Distress inks; Antique linen, Scattered straw, 
Carved pumpkin, Fired brick, Hickory smoke, 
Seedless preserves, Candied apple.
Card blank (6”x6”)

Thank you Louise for setting the imagination alight
with this super card.


My brain has whirled into the realms of
fantasy - I'm thinking Game of Thrones, 
Lord of the Rings, Hobbits

Who thought Lavinia Stamps were just
for cutesy fairyland projects.........?


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a fantasy card which works for men and boys too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, very atmospheric colour combination. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! Fabulous background for the silhouettes. xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.