Friday 3 June 2016

Starlight Paints - Dawn Heald



Morning all,

Welcome to day 2 of 
Starlight Paints!
If you want to see all the colours'
check them out here.

Today we have Dawn with her absolutely 
stunning journal cover..



Dawn says...
These paints are awesome they're pots
of metallic colours that can be used in
a variety of ways and blend lovely. I've
gone for straight forward painting with them
to make the front and reverse covers for my
MDF art journal. I'll certainly be getting
more colours in the future. I'd like to try
making my own mister sprays with them
and get in with a brayer too. Hope you
like this week's make from me. X Dawn


For the front cover I glued lots of different
 objects to the front. I used buttons,
 found objects, beads, paper clay moulded,
 old die cuts, tissue paper and grunge
 grunge paste through diamond stencil.
When it was all dry I Painted all over with 
a couple of coats of white gesso and let dry.


Then I went in with the luscious Starlight
 paints and painted different colours in
 patches all over the cover, blending
 the edges as I went. I let this dry then
 painted another with another layer of
 Starlight Paints. I finished it off with
 flat back pearls and gems painted with
 white Pearl Starlight paint. I did this
 so to match in the cherub made
 from clay. Painted with Starlights.


For the back cover. I glued odd pieces of 
die cuts and lace and doilies. Then used
 Decoart Media Texture Sand Paste with
 the butterfly stencil and then I used
 Decoart Media Modelling Paste with the
 Diamond stencil. I pressed some micro
 beads into the wet paste for more texture.
 When dry I simply painted two coats of
 Starlight Paints similar to the front.




There's not many steps to this it's more a
 time thing, and I enjoyed every bit.


So what do you think??
I think it is amazing!

Products used

Antique Pink, Pearl, Orange Oxidised, Bright Maroon,
 Topaz, Antique Gold
Imagination Crafts Stencils - Diamond, Butterfly


From stash - found items, odd die cuts, lace

You really must try these paints,
I've been playing with them
on an old glass decanter, I'll put some
pics on here soon....ran out of time!!

See you soon,

Jane x



4 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.