Wednesday 20 June 2012

Letters from home: LOOK

Look!!
Look at this gorgeous "look"! I must admit this must be one of my favourite amongst all the projects that Neil has done for us so far. Just LOVE it... Reminds me of the gorgeous scenery we see here in Canada. 
Let's see how Neil made it... 


To make this I began by lining up the letters to spell the word and drew a hill line across the whole lot. I painted the sky in blue; (I added picket fence distress stain to give cloud detail) and the grass green. All the sides and backs were painted in brown and when everything was dry I stamped the floral image as seen in coffee archival ink. and the flying birds in black.


I die cut the small trees from chipboard, painted them in a darker green and used Walnut Stain to colour the trunks. When dry I used Distress Stickles to add some texture and a shimmer and added them across the letters until I was happy with the layout.
Lastly, I added the words in a black embossing pen and clear embossed them and edged everything with Inka Gold as well as over the words so the black did not stand out so harshly.


Here's what Neil used:







Our special offer this week
10% off PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints
Just type
FRESCO
in the offer code box as you go through checkout!



See you tomorrow

8 comments:

  1. So creative - I love the background 'scene' that has been created and the clever use of the die cuts and stamping.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful scene that would look fab on a mantlepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the painted scene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to create a scene. It's fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to create a scene, it's fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative ! Love the sky and the panorama effect.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.