Friday 6 April 2012

Leafing week: vintage catwalk in a book

Hi, 
Where does Gio find all her ideas? I will always wonder. She surprises me week after week. Today, she made a beautiful altered book using the Crafty Individuals vintage ladies and of course gilding flakes.

An old little book from the thrift store can become a vintage catwalk.


I put some glue on the three sides of the book, holding together all the pages with one hand (you can use clips too)
Once dry, I drew a gothic arch and  I cut out the niche with an exacto knife.
I glued  some vintage image and text along with pieces of lace. I gessoed everything.
To colour the background, I used Spun Sugar Distress Stain and TeaDye Distress Ink. When dry, covered the sides of the book with the glue and then I applied the copper gilding flakes using a soft paintbrush.



I stamped the two ladies and other details using Jet Black StazOn and 
CI-306 - French corset and CI-324 - Refreshing cool and bright voiles then I coloured them with different Distress Inks and Zig BrusH2O Waterbrush. 

I added some pieces of lace to two stamped corsets and I glued them to two tiny metallic dress hangers.






Materials:
CI-324 - Refreshing cool and bright voiles
CI-306 - French corset
StazOn ink Jet black
Distress inks: Worn Lipstick/TeaDye/Mustard Seed/Spun Sugar/DustyConcord
Distress Stain Spun Sugar
Claudine Hellmuth MultiMedium 

See you tomorrow

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is absolutely Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous altered book, I particularly love the 'dresses'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible piece of work, got my mind working overtime on how to do something similar.....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a Gio one-off can we do anything like this type of project? I am amazed at how the whole project has come together so delicately and I am scuppered as to how you come up with such ideas! Super work! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.